It has been such a long time blogging but i have been working on new prints.
I have a fascination with leaves nature and out door life. I love to photograph nature then figure out what art I can make out of it. My recent trip to Mexico i spent taking photos of anything unusual,textures,forgotten objects .
So…. I have started my new print design ….leaves. I love the autumn colors and decided i could turn it into a print.
This is very early stages and as you can see i have taken a stencil of the leaves which i am now progressively testing with acrylics.
let me no what you think followers!!!
Whilst in Paris I took the opportunity to research book art for my final major project. Below are some images from my findings from the lourve library.
Japaneese book binding
Today I helped run a 7 hour Roller print workshop.
We encouraged visiting children to create a pattern on a roller sleeve which we would then carve out and give back to the children to apply ink and roller.
Below are some of the great results from today’s session
Positive print-Created by cutting away the space around the design
Negative Print-Created by cutting the design out and leaving the background of the roller
little book of sunsets
I previously posted about my endless stack of photographs. I noticed a pattern in my photos, I have a habit of photographing sunsets and skies so i decided to make a book of sunsets.
* I first printed selected photographs onto photographic film, the reason being, I had a vision of printing them onto something transparent.
Little book of sunsets
Twine knotted bind
Images before bound
* Each page is separated with textured card to compliment the photographic film.
I am more than happy with the result of the book, I am now going to use this as inspiration to create even better designs.
Following on from Bookmaking 1, I have started to adapt on some of my previous designs.
This was my initial book design,created to hold railcards. I travel on the train twice a day and collect a lot of travel cards.to create the back ground i spread my rail cards out on the scanner to create this randomized background , i then used to rail tickets for the front and back design for stability.
I really liked this design but thought the material could be better and the pockets would look good sewn to give extra stability to the design.
These were the results from the enhancements i made to the original design.